Great BIG TOMATO Contest
Time & Location
About The Event
Use your green thumb to grown the biggest tomato you can during the summer.
Bring your single biggest tomato from your harvest back to Al’s in August for the official weigh-in event:
Saturday, August 3 at Al's of Woodburn from 11:00am - Noon Same day as Woodburn Kids' Club
Saturday, August 10 at Al's of Sherwood from 11:00am - Noon Same day as Sherwood Kids' Club
Saturday, August 17 at Al's of Gresham from 11:00am - Noon Same day as Gresham Kids' Club
Saturday, August 24 at Al's of Wilsonville from 11:00am - Noon Same day as Wilsonville Kids' Club
We’ll weigh the tomatoes, and the top three heaviest tomatoes at each location wins Al’s Gift Cards and more prizes!
- First Prize: $75 Al's Gift Card, 1 year of FREE Kids' Club classes, and other gardening goodies
- Second Prize: $50 Al's Gift Card, and other gardening goodies
- Third Prize: $25 Al's Gift Card, and other gardening goodies
Official Contest Rules:
- Child MUST be present to enter/receive tomato plant.
- Tomato must be grown from the provided Grown By Al's tomato plant.
- Heaviest three tomatoes win prizes. There will be three winners from each Al's location.
- Winners will be notified at weigh-in event.
- Child MUST be present to win.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win
- Open to children 13 and under
If your tomato ripens sooner that weigh-in date you must:
- Bring your ripe tomato into any Al's location to get it officially weighed
- Take a photo of child, with tomato on the scale & weight clearly shown.
- Bring your printed or digital photo to the weigh-in event for official submission.